Monday, October 8, 2007

I had the best time reading my blog! I chose Stephanie Klien, a girl who just tells it like it is. Dr. Smith used her last year in class and my roommate who is a former student of hers loved the writing, so I thought I would check it out. First of all since she is a writer he blog is very established. The websit is creative with pictures and frequent posts that recieve at least 50 responses to each. She seems to have been broken by a divorce and she writes about how to cope with her new life. My favorite thing about the blog is a secton where she has a list of rules for herself, a list of things she learned from mom, and things she learrned from dad. Other than being comedic the lists are relatable much like her blog writing. She lets reader know about what she has not each day and elaborates on any thought or concepts that she felt were important to her that day. I get the vibe that this thirty year old woman learns something new everyday, and she shares it with her readers. I like that. She just recently gave birth to twins and is an incredible photographer. She frequently posts pictures of her little ones, which she calls beans. Klein is witty, funny, and a woman who admits her life is not perfect but tries to make the best of it. I am enoying her book, Straight up and Dirty, which happens to be the reason I chose her blog. I look forward to read more of her interesting thoughts.

-Joelle

1 comment:

caroline said...

Good post. As you know, we are going to be picking books that were adapted from blogs to read at the end of the semester. You might want to put in for Klein since you've already starting reading!